Post-Decree Modifications Lawyer in Cook County

Changes to Child Support and Spousal Maintenance

When a job is lost, a promotion is achieved or a serious illness requires specialized, expensive health care, obligations under the divorce decree such as child support, spousal support or parenting time may need to be revised.

If you or your ex-spouse have experienced a significant change in circumstances — economically or otherwise —Attorney Roland P. Ernst of the Law Offices of Carr, O'Rourke & Ernst can help you make the changes you need to your divorce decree. For more than 38 years, Roland P. Ernst has helped many family law clients rebuild their lives when substantial changes in circumstances have made them unable to comply with obligations under their divorce agreement. When circumstances warrant, he has also assisted clients in obtaining more support than originally ordered.

Schedule your consultation by calling our firm at (708) 394-7361 today. 

Adjustments in Support for Changes Occurring After Your Divorce

Once a child support or spousal support obligation has been established, it is not permanent. A modification of support may be possible in circumstances such as:

  • Significant changes in income such as promotions, pay cuts or loss of job
  • New employment
  • Illness or disability suffered by a parent or child
  • A growing child's more demanding financial needs
  • A spouse receiving maintenance remarries or lives with a new boyfriend or girlfriend

Adjustments to Allocation to Parental Responsibilities and Parenting Time

Sometimes situations arise where the parenting schedule may be required to be changed. This may arise when there is a change in an employment schedule, or a spouse wants to remove the children from the state of Illinois. Sometimes because of significant changes it may be in the child's best interest that provisions relative to the children be changed.

Discuss Your Changing Needs 

Child support, modifying parenting time and decision making, and maintenance provisions in a divorce agreement are not set in stone. Too many things can change — employment, health, and increased needs of the children, just to name a few. Our firm provides the quality representation and personal service that can help you with every transition.

Call us to arrange for an initial consultation to discuss your modification needs. Call (708) 394-7361 today.

Our Client Testimonials

  • “Roland was an excellent listener and took the time to understand and empathize with what was important to me in outcomes. He not only understood the law, but could see the areas where we could negotiate with my ex and her lawyer.”

Contact Us For a Free Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.